Girl Public Relations -- GirlPR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy The Kid - The Pajaro Loko EP : House Music From Mexico

Go down

Billy The Kid - The Pajaro Loko EP : House Music From Mexico Empty Billy The Kid - The Pajaro Loko EP : House Music From Mexico

Post by 8DPromo Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Artist: Billy The Kid
Release Title: The Pajaro Loko EP
Remixed by: DJ Frique, Antonio Caballero
Label: Panama Red Records
Available Now From: Juno Download

Billy The Kid - The Pajaro Loko EP : House Music From Mexico H2gt_PR0003BillyTheKid300x300

To listen to Billy The Kid’s The Pajaro Loko EP click HERE.

Panama Red Records, an ambitious imprint run by eclectic electronic producer Antonio Caballero, presents the latest from south-of-the-border DJ/producer Billy The Kid. Residing in Jalisco, Mexico, The Kid got his start in electronic music as a turntablist and percussionist. His turntable prowess is well-recognized, having placed #1 in the Mexican DMC championships for two separate years. This enabled The Kid to tour as a DJ throughout Mexico and the USA, exposing himself to many exciting dance music sounds. This brought Billy The Kid to house music, a sound he focuses on sprinkled with inspiration from techno, minimal, and live performance. This intriguing background caught the interest of Panama Red who now present Billy The Kid's latest releaseThe Pajaro Loko EP.

The whimsy and sense of humor that can often be found in a turntablist's sets spills over into the percussive house track that leads the EP, "Pajaro Loko." Though the beats and groove are seriously solid, it's the surprise of a sampled melody associated with a 'crazy cartoon bird' that will grab the dance floor's attention. A jackin' rhythmic pattern and a rolling low end only serve to seal the deal. Panama Red boss Antonio Caballero provides a remix that takes the ideas and samples from the original and twists them a bit to create a wild rendition. Heavy filters and some processed latin horns join a rumbling bass, vocal hits, and whooshy bits for a version that builds and builds.

With "Cantin Flora," Billy The Kid's second track of the EP, a more pronounced tech-house vibe is achieved, but with the emphasis solidly on the 'house' side of things. Pad stabs, vocal hits, a forceful bass line, and well-placed percussion fills blast this track into peak time. It's a fervent production loaded with a few surprises to keep the dance floor in motion. Next, Chicago's DJ Frique(D'lectable, Farrias Wheel) gives "Cantin Flora" a rollicking, old school house-meets-techno treatment. His remix finds inspiration in the warehouse parties of the mid-to-late 90's, adding a dark, swinging feel to the cut while mixing nostalgic elements with those that are more contemporary. Perfect after-hours armory for adventurous DJs.

Billy The Kid - The Pajaro Loko EP : House Music From Mexico H2gt_112351892787461606296411603422007713904n

Selected Feedback:
DJ Mes (Guesthouse) - "Sound as a pound! Will play these."
Phil Weeks (Robsoul) - "Will play the Caballero remix."
Tommy Largo (Lost My Dog/Kolour) - "Dope tunes. Also good jobs on both remixes."
Bear Who? (Dust Traxx) - "Dj Frique killed it. I dig the Pajaro Loko original, too."
Inland Knights (Drop Music) - "Nice tracky house."
Chris Simmonds (Cross Section Music, UK) - "Heavyweight dubs! Pajaro !Loko is right up my street."
DJ Eman (Liberate Recordings) - "I'll be banging out Frique's mix. Nice work!"
DK Watts (Short Bus Kids) - "Cool release. It has a lot of tech elements in it which I like."
Joey Silvero (Distant People) - "Solid jacking vibes. 'Cantin Flora' is cool … the remix is even hotter!"
Al Bradley (Bugged Out, UK) - "NIce bouncy groove on the original of 'Pajaro Loko,' but it's Antonio's more twisted funk version which does it here. 'Cantin Flora' is great with a lovely groove and ace stabs … a real vibe-setter for the floor. Wicked. DJ Frique's mix is outstanding. I love the changing groove and overlaid beats. Superb stuff!"

Billy The Kid - The Pajaro Loko EP : House Music From Mexico H2gt_Panamaredred2

Panama Red Records on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/panama-red-records/tracks
Billy The Kid on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djbillyelnino
DJ Frique on the Web: http://www.frique.com/
Antonio Caballero on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/panamaredrecords

8DPromo

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down