Girl Public Relations -- GirlPR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman

Go down

2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman Empty 2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman

Post by Driven AM Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:16 pm

2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman 100percent_3_FRONT

2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman 100percent_3_BACK

Driven AM Presents:
Friday, February 13th, 2009

100% Original

Every month at Public Assembly in Brooklyn!

Driven AM is proud to present a night of all original music.
Each DJ this evening will be playing strictly their own material.
Expect a night of exclusive music from some of the best Drum and Bass producers in the world!

Dj's for the evening:

BURNER BROTHERS featuring
DJ WALLY/PISH POSH & DJ SEEN & CHRIS THOMAS

(Direct Drive | NYC/NJ)
2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman L_f240fa144ca4545e8fd5081a844c42f0
The NYC metro area DJ/Production trio of DJ Wally Pish Posh (Queens), DJ Seen (New Jersey), and Chris Thomas (Brooklyn) has successfully collaborated on making hits since 1998. At the time Wally was a front-runner amongst American producers of both Drum & Bass and Trip-Hop releasing albums on Rawkus, Ubiquity, and Thirsty Ear while DJ Seen and Chris Thomas made their name DJing at events across the nation. Mutual respect led to smoked-out studio sessions, knowledge exchange, and numerous releases as The Burner Brothers. Wally and Seen chose to progress their love of music by taking on A&R/ managing roles at Rawkuts (the now defunct Drum & Bass imprint of Rawkus) while Chris moved into music production for television and film at Man Made Music. They realized that they had to explore their talents beyond the electronic music scene and started collaborating on a number of Hip-Hop and R&B projects for artists such as Big Pep, Ice T, Buckshot, Flow Sik, CL Smooth, and Proximity Minds to name a few. Wally and Chris also began scoring for television and independent films and have since written promos, themes, and underscores for the likes of NBC, ABC, CBS, Discovery Channel, and Comedy Central. Writing music under intense deadlines for major networks and advertising agencies improved the way they produced records tremendously.

I-CUE
(IngeniousMusic.com | King City Rockaz | Konkrete Jungle | hipstepradio.com| NYC)
2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman I-cuepiclongpic
Surviving on talent and desire while ingeniously creating a unique experimental blend of Hip Hop / Drum and Bass music known as Hip Step (hip hop influenced productions stimulating the earth people) drawing from diverse musical backgrounds, I-Cue is out to make more than a little noise introducing his sound to a wider audience. A true innovator in a world of followers, I-Cue holds the title of Hip Step pioneer... one of the few in the world. As a skilled turntablist / junglist, he brings diversity to the crowd, bridging hip hop and drum and bass into a style now known as hip step - drum and bass and hip hop as one. I-Cue has also shown a range of production styles with numerous acid jazz / hip hop releases dating back from 1994 to 1996 on a label called New Breed Records. This is the point in I-Cue's career (and history) where the hip step genre began to develop - a subgenre of the new jungle hop / jump up genre. In 1996, I-Cue was signed to the infamous Liquid Sky Records.

Near the end of the millenium, I-Cue was the brainchild behind many hip step productions under the moniker "Mike & Ike", as well as other releases of his own on the Liquid Sky / Jungle Sky record label, such as "On A Journey", "Plutonic", "Deja Vu", "U Know My Steeze" (released under moniker Blunderground Massive), and the New York City hip step anthem "Next Level $#it" featuring T.R.A.C. in 2000. Not only is I-Cue one of the most skillful turntable technicians in the US Drum and Bass scene, this native New Yorker has spun at the now legendary NASA and is presently a resident at Plan B Sundays as well as Konkrete Jungle NYC.
His skills are ingenious, his tracks are creative and unique, and he is a pro as he lays down the experimental foundation of the hip step style - a hybrid mash-up of hip hop, jungle, drum and bass, and breaks.

STEREO STORMTROOPER aka SST
(Cymbalism | Apparatus | Ohm Resistance | NYC)
2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman Sstlongpic
Stereo Stormtrooper a.k.a. SST is an electronic music artist & dj that is widely known for his diverse drum & bass production and his dj sets that have rocked dance floors coast to coast. He began his musical career as a teenager playing bass guitar in several rock bands and recording one full-length album with his band Sneaky Tree. He was first turned onto drum & bass in 1996 while going to raves in New Orleans. The following year he moved to Orlando, FL attend a recording arts college and started buying drum machines and synths. After graduation he started focusing on putting together a proper studio while dj’ing many of the early Florida drum & bass parties. This is the time that he met long time production partner Glitch. They started working together under the moniker Apparatus and had their first release on a label out of Orlando called Jungala in early 2001. They followed that up with their second release on Jungala alongside Gridlok in 2002. The duo also had an international release on the German label Protogen in early 2003.

In 2004 the duo met up with a producer from Miami by the name of Genr8 and formed the powerhouse production team The Chosen. As The Chosen this team has released on Nemesis, Cymbalism, Habit, Apparatus, & Ohm Resistance. They have had support from many top dj’s including Andy C, AK1200, Dom, C4C, & Diesel Boy to name a few. In 2007 SST & Glitch relocated to New York City and kept making music together. Experimenting in breaks, dubstep, tech house, & rock music they always keep the sound fresh. Also that year SST launched Apparatus Recordings. The label started as an outlet for all the music that he and Glitch had. Since then he has added artist from San Francisco, Bulgaria, and NYC. The duo landed a tune on the AK1200 mix CD “Weapons of Tomorrow” that was release in Oct. 2007. With a huge remix of the tune “Intake” by Subsonik and an onslaught of top-notch releases Apparatus Recordings made some huge waves in it’s first year of existence and showing no signs of slowing up! SST is an ever-evolving artist that is always pushing the boundaries’ of what is possible with sound. His style can be described but not limited to dark, techy, melodic, & heavy. He is currently working on his solo album witch is due out in 2009.

100% Original Resident:
KJELL
(Driven AM | Timeless | Creative Source | Colours | Trackdonalds | Style Control | Miles A. Head | NYC)
2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman Kjelllongpic
Raised in Richmond, VA now living in Brooklyn, Kjell (pronounced Chell) is a rising star as both a DJ and a producer in the international Drum and Bass scene. Being a classically trained musician primarily influenced by jazz, hip hop, classical, dub and RnB has helped him develop a very distinct sound. Kjell is a prolific producer always pushing boundaries and writing forward thinking melodic DnB. Kjell has been involved with DnB since first hearing it back in 1994. He started producing and Djing alongside Will Miles as 'Style Control' in 1997 in the Richmond and DC area. Kjell's skills on the decks landed him a residency in Richmond with the NUCO crew that hosted the 'InfoTech' weekly lasting from 1999 – 2002. In the decade that Kjell has been Djing, he has shared the stage with some of the biggest names in DnB, including Klute, Sonic, Silver, Commix, AK1200, John B, Dara, Dieselboy, Saburuko, Random Movement, Mixmaster Doc, Raw Q and more in venues all over the East Coast.

His music has been supported by some of the biggest names in DnB including LTJ Bukem, Fabio, Flight, Digital, Loxy, Ink, Bailey, Random Movement, Lynx, Redeyes, Ashatack, Big Bud, and many more. His distinct style of DnB has landed him releases on a handful of quality labels. Some of his past releases include the 'Outclassed EP' released on Trackdonalds; the track "Healing Process" released on Santorin's 2002 EP; the "Poisonous EP" released on Digital Blues; and "Cloud Thirty/Unseen" on Colours Audio. Kjell's release "Dunnshine / Empty Wallets" on Fabio's label Creative Source in 2008 was reviewed in ATM magazine with the line "If you pick up one piece of musical drum and bass this month, make it this one." Dunnshine was also featured on Gilles Peterson's Worldwide Radio1 show. Forthcoming tunes include "The Dynamic" on Timeless which was featured on Digital's "Phoenix Rising" CD as well as "Calmante / Wind Tunnel" forthcoming on Influence Recordings in early 2009. In addition 2009 will see the release of a few collaborations and remixes including "Centre Line" by Saburuko and Style Control forthcoming on Horizons and a remix of The Bamboos "Amen Brother" forthcoming on Tru Thoughts.

100% Original Resident and host:
DAVE SHICHMAN
(Driven AM | Direct Drive | 100% Original | NYC)
2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman Longshichmanpic
Dave has been Djing for 9 years, producing for electronic music for 5. He has Dj’d over 140 live events in New York and 7 other states. He has been a resident Dj and behind the scenes contributor with Direct Drive NYC for 5 years and has opened for Calibre, London Electricity, High Contrast, Grooverider and many more well known names in the international DnB scene. His live and studio mixes have been downloaded over 25,000 times from all over the world. In 2006 Dave started Driven AM, a DnB artist management and promotion company representing some of the best in American DnB. Dave’s latest tunes have been supported by Bassdrive and Bassjunkies. His debut release (date tbd) is a collaboration with Mixmaster Doc entitled ‘Exchanges’. Dave’s distinct style of DnB is melodic, cinematic, deep, and bassheavy music.

MC DIGGADEE
(Konkrete Jungle | Outlook Skateboards | Ability | Team Ewok | NYC)
2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman Digglongpic

Public Assembly
70 North 6th Street (btw Wythe & kent)
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
$10 ALL NIGHT, 21+
Subway: L Train to Bedford Ave

Driven AM

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman Empty Re: 2/13 Driven AM presents: 100% Original - Burner Brothers, I-Cue, SST, Kjell, Shichman

Post by Driven AM Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Friday Night!!

Driven AM

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down