Girl Public Relations -- GirlPR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning Spear @ Irving Plaza

Go down

Burning Spear @ Irving Plaza Empty Burning Spear @ Irving Plaza

Post by SOBs Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:01 pm

SUNDAY AUGUST 31

S.O.B.'s Concerts Presents:

BURNING SPEAR
FIRST CONCERT IN TWO YEARS!
Doors: 8PM
Admission:$35 General Admission

On Sunday, August 31st, the legendary Grammy-winning Reggae icon Burning Spear comes to New York City to perform for the first time in two years, armed with material from his new album, Jah Is Real. Arguably Roots Reggae’s biggest living superstar, Burning Spear comes to the Fillmore NY @ Irving Plaza for a reggae bash to end the summer

Spear's new album, Jah is Real, (set to be released on August 17th, Marcus Garvey’s birthday), is the latest in a long, productive career that began with a chance meeting with Bob Marley and has finally reached a place of peace and self-sufficiency that shows the relevance of Marcus Garvey in the age of the Internet.

Burning Spear’s musical journey began in a field in his home parish of St. Ann, Jamaica, where he ran into Bob Marley and struck up a conversation about breaking into the music world. “Bob was traveling with a donkey and all these various plants. We were there talking,” Spear explains. “Bob was young, dreadlocks just start to spring. I was asking Bob how I could get started and where could I go to get that start.

In 2000, after 8 previous Grammy nominations, Spear finally won a well-deserved Grammy award for his album Calling Rastafari. The moment represented just one more accomplishment for a musician that has always maintained a moral integrity and dedication to providing the most uplifting music possible for fans far and wide. August 31st represents a chance to see a true living legend on-stage and experience a live performance that will be talked about for years to come.

Burning Spear @ Irving Plaza Bur1

SOBs

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down